Qualified Welder Fabricator
Collier & Miller is looking for a Qualified Welder Fabricator to join its leading Engineering Division, specialising in the design and construction of agricultural equipment.
Established in 1946, Collier & Miller is a growing business, servicing customers right across Australia.
We manufacture a range of agricultural and earthmoving machinery and also design and build specialised machinery to customers' requirements.
Our engineering workshop, one of the largest of its kind in Australia, offers modern facilities and excellent working conditions.
Working within our experienced team, the successful applicant will contribute to the daily operations of our busy engineering centre.
Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Fabrication of specialist agricultural equipment
- Welding repairs and modifications to existing customer equipment
- Client and colleague liaison throughout welding tasks
- Assisting with the supervision of apprentices and junior colleagues
- General housekeeping of the workshop and maintaining a clean and safe environment
Personal attributes and skills
The successful applicant will be customer-oriented and capable with the following attributes:
- Good mathematical aptitude and effective English reading and writing skills
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans and drawings
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Mature attitude and self-motivation
- A commitment to delivering a high standard of work
Successful applicants will also need to meet the following requirements:
- Pass a pre-employment physical, drug and alcohol test
- Strength to handle raw materials, tools and machines
- Be available to work overtime as required
This role presents a chance for the right candidate to join a growing business with plenty of opportunity for career progression.
Remuneration is negotiable based on experience and skills.
How to apply
If this role sounds right for you, apply now via the below link.
Please ensure you attach an application letter, a resume and other supporting documentation as part of your application.
Job Type: Full-time