Welding,Sheet Metal, Fitting & Machining Apprenticeships
Looking to kick start your trades career?
Collier & Miller is now offering Apprenticeships in Welding, Sheet Metal and Fitting & Machining.
We are offering full-time employment to those with a genuine interest in completing a trade-based qualification. Our business is growing so there will be plenty of opportunities for career progression, certified qualifications and personal development.
About the Apprenticeship
The Apprenticeship position is in Collier & Miller's Engineering Division. You will contribute to the Engineering teams output by assisting trades-people, apprentices and management in daily operations of the department. Your contribution will increase the Welding, Sheet Metal Fabrication or Machine Shop team's efficiency, safety and productivity. You will develop your skills during the apprenticeship period with the aim to increase the Engineering Division teams overall capacity.
We are offering apprenticeship for the following trade qualifications:
- Certificate III Engineering - Fabrication Trade (Specialising in Welding Fabrication)
- Certificate III - Fabrication Trade (Specialising in Sheet-Metal Fabrication)
- Certificate III Engineering - Mechanical Trade (Specialising in Fitting & Machining)
Working in a manufacturing environment requires employees to have satisfactory physical condition.
The minimum apprenticeship physical requirements are:
- Pass a pre-employment physical, drug and alcohol test.
- Be able to lift up to 20Kg
- Set up and operate industrial machining, welding, cutting and bending machinery.
- Strength to handle materials, tools and machines.
Successful and ongoing work as an apprentice will require you to have the following attributes:
- Ability to follow instruction
- Competent mathematical skills
- Effective English reading, writing and communication skills
- Mature attitude
- Self-motivation and initiative
- Interest in Engineering Trades
So if you believe you have what it takes, apply now to become a Trade Apprentice with one of the region's leading engineering businesses.
How to apply
To take advantage of this opportunity please apply via our careers site; colliermillercareers.com.au
Please ensure you attach an application letter, a resume and other supporting documentation as part of your application.
Applications close 20 December 2019
Job Type: Full-time