Welding,Sheet Metal, Fitting & Machining Apprenticeships
Welding, Sheet Metal and Fitting & Machining Apprenticeships
Looking to kick start your trades career?
Collier & Miller is now offering full time apprenticeship positions in Welding, Sheet Metal and Fitting & Machining within its leading agricultural machinery workshop.
These three apprenticeships, within Collier & Miller's leading engineering division, will offer three successful applicants the chance to develop their trade skills, while gaining certified qualifications.
Collier & Miller will fund all qualification costs as well as provide paid study days.
Qualifications on offer are:
- Certificate III Engineering - Fabrication Trade (Specialising in Welding Fabrication)
- Certificate III Engineering - Fabrication Trade (Specialising in Sheet-Metal Fabrication)
- Certificate III Engineering - Mechanical Trade (Specialising in Fitting & Machining)
Working closely with our experienced engineering team, including other apprentices, tradespeople and management, successful applicants will contribute to the daily operations of our modern engineering centre.
In addition to honing your skills, you will play an important role in increasing the team's overall capacity and productivity. Day-to-day duties will be varied and will include:
- Contributing to the production of new equipment for customer orders
- Repairs and maintenance work to a wide variety of agricultural equipment
- Read and interpret engineering plans and drawings
Collier & Miller is looking for motivated, reliable applicants with the drive to pursue a specialist trade career.
Working in a manufacturing environment requires employees to meet the following minimum physical requirements:
- Pass a pre-employment physical, drug and alcohol test
- Lift up to 20kg
- Set up and operate industrial machining, including welding, cutting and bending machinery
- Strength to handle raw materials, tools and machines
To succeed as a trade apprentice with Collier & Miller you'll also need the following attributes:
- Ability to follow instructions
- Competent mathematical skills
- Effective English reading, writing and communication skills
- Maturity and a positive attitude
- Ability to work well in a team
- Genuine interest in engineering trades
How to apply
Collier & Miller is a growing business with plenty of opportunity for career progression, certified qualifications and personal development.
If you believe you have what it takes to join our team, apply now via the below link.
Please ensure you attach an application letter, a resume and other supporting documentation as part of your application.
Job Type: Full-time